Sample List of Prior Engagements:
Goodwill Impairment Testing
- Goodwill impairment testing for ASC 350 purposes of a Fortune 1000 office furniture manufacturer with nine reporting units. Step One and Step Two analyses were performed, as well as a reconciliation of the Step One results to the client’s public market capitalization.
Purchase Accounting / Purchase Price Allocation
- Purchase price allocation for ASC 805 purposes of a multi-billion dollar acquisition of an online automotive advertising business by a Fortune 500 company. Subject assets valued included: trade name, six customer relationships, internally developed technology, and four non-compete agreements.
- Purchase price allocation for ASC 805 purposes of a container manufacturer for the healthcare industry, acquired by a Fortune 1000 company in the plastics industry. Subject assets valued included: inventory, land, building, machinery and equipment, customer relationships, non-compete agreement, and a lease analysis. The analysis also included a legal entity carve-out for statutory reporting requirements in a foreign country.
- Purchase price allocation for ASC 805 purposes of an Asian job site operator acquired by a worldwide industry leader in online recruitment. Subject interests valued included: an earn-out, trade name, customer relationships, and non-compete agreement.
- Business enterprise valuation and equity allocation model for ASC 718 purposes of a well-capitalized development stage mining company. A complex capital structure comprised of six classes of equity were modeled in the equity allocation using an option pricing method (also known as OPM) framework.
- Valuation of a restricted stock grant subject to market condition vesting for ASC 718 purposes of a publicly-traded company in the healthcare technology industry. A Monte Carlo simulation was used to simulate thousands of paths for the subject company’s future stock price over a five-year term. Graded vesting and a sub-optimal exercise factor were also incorporated into the analysis.
Other Fair Value Measurements
- Valuation of a put option for ASC 480 purposes issued by a SEC registrant to an investor in the energy sector using an option-pricing model.
*Client names have been withheld as FV & FMV Valuation maintains strict standards of client confidentiality. FV & FMV Valuation does not release the names of our clients or other client information, unless required by regulatory authorities or as authorized or requested by the subject client.